Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms and Conditions”) is applicable to the website under http://www.docomoinnovations.com (hereinafter referred to as “Site”) posted by DOCOMO Innovations, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “DOCOMO Innovations”, “we”, “us”). Any person who accesses, uses, or browses this Site (hereinafter referred to as “Users”) should read these Terms and Conditions carefully. These Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between DOCOMO Innovations and you, the Site User, with respect to your access, use and browsing this Site. It is important that you read carefully and understand these Terms and Conditions set forth herein. By using this Site, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions. DOCOMO Innovations may, at any time and at its sole and exclusive discretion, change, alter, modify, add, and/or remove any parts or whole of these Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of the Site will be deemed acceptance of any such changes. If at any time you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Site.
1. The information and materials provided through the Site, including any data, text, graphics, images, audio and video clips, logos, icons, and links (collectively, the “Materials”), are intended to educate and inform you about DOCOMO Innovations and the products and services we offer. The Materials are Copyright © 2014-2021 DOCOMO Innovations, Inc. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Reproduction, transfer, distribution, or storage of part or all of the Materials in any form without the prior written permission of DOCOMO Innovations is prohibited except in accordance with the following terms. DOCOMO Innovations consents to the use, access or browsing of the Site on the User’s computer or printing copies of extracts from these pages for User’s personal use only and not for redistribution unless consented to in writing by DOCOMO Innovations. Individual documents in our World Wide Web pages may be subject to additional terms indicated in those documents. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices on downloaded and copied Materials, and any such downloads or copies are subject to these Terms and Conditions. Further, the Materials remain the property of DOCOMO Innovations or its licensors or suppliers, as applicable.
2. The use of the Site and the Materials is limited to private, non-commercial use, except that the use of press releases and other documents classified as public is permitted in public communications if the source for the information has been stated.
3. The Site and the Materials are provided as a convenience to Users. The contents of the Site are provided on “as is” and “as available” basis. DOCOMO Innovations does not warrant that access to any portions of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free. DOCOMO Innovations reserves the right to revise the pages on the Site or withdraw access to them at any time. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, DOCOMO INNOVATIONS AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
4. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER DOCOMO INNOVATIONS NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS OR SPONSORS, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS), UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS, OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, MATERIALS, OR LINKED SITE, AS APPLICABLE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
5. For Users’ easy accessibility DOCOMO Innovations may include links to sites on the Internet that are owned or operated by third parties, including affiliates of DOCOMO Innovations. When accessing such third-party sites, Users shall review and agree to that site’s rules of use before using such site. Users also agree that DOCOMO Innovations has no control over the content of that site and cannot assume any responsibility for material created or published by such third-party sites. In addition, a link to a non-DOCOMO Innovations site does not imply that DOCOMO Innovations endorses the information or materials made available, or the products or services provided through such third-party sites.
6. By submitting material to any of our servers, for example, by e-mail or via the DOCOMO Innovations Web page, you agree that: (a) the material will not contain any item that is unlawful or otherwise unfit for publication; (b) Users will use reasonable efforts to scan and remove any viruses or other contaminating or destructive features before submitting any material; and (c) Users agree not to take action against us in relation to material that Users submit and Users agree to indemnify us if any third party takes action against us in relation to the material you submit.
7. DOCOMO Innovations does not and cannot review the content posted by Users on its site and is not responsible for such content. DOCOMO Innovations may at any time at its discretion remove any content posted by Users.
8. DOCOMO Innovations is a registered trademark of NTT DOCOMO, Inc. Users access to the Site should not be construed as granting, by implication, estoppels or otherwise, any license or right to use any marks appearing on the site without the prior written consent of DOCOMO Innovations or the third party owner thereof.
9. These Terms and Conditions shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its terms. DOCOMO Innovations reserves the right to immediately terminate these Terms and Conditions, and/or your access to and use of the Site or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. Upon termination of these Terms and Conditions, your right to use the Site shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all Materials obtained from the Site and all copies thereof, whether made under these Terms and Conditions or otherwise.
10. Notice for California Users: Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California Site users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N-112, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.
11. While using the Site and/or the Materials you agree not to:
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the Site, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Site;
- Use the Site or the Materials for any unlawful purpose;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
- Transmit (a) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights; (b) any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so; (c) any trade secret of any third party; or (d) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us);
- Engage in spamming or flooding;
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site or Materials;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site without our prior written authorization;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents; or
- Harvest or collect information about Site visitors or members without their express consent.
12. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any State or Federal court located in the County of Santa Clara, California, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between DOCOMO Innovations and you relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements between DOCOMO Innovations and you with respect to such subject matter. These Terms and Conditions are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with DOCOMO Innovations’ prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained in these Terms and Conditions is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.
13. DOCOMO Innovations respects the intellectual property rights of others and strives to comply completely with copyright and other intellectual property laws and regulations. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DCMA”), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov, DOCOMO Innovations will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that the Material on the Site infringe your copyright, please notify DOCOMO Innovations’ Copyright Officer of the alleged copyright infringement. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Site;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to DOCOMO Innovations’ Copyright Officer at:
(Only DMCA notices will be accepted at this email address. All other requests will be discarded.)
©2021 DOCOMO Innovations, Inc. All rights reserved.